Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear Friends,

After much prayer and consideration, knowing this was God’s calling for my life at this time, I signed up to run for Missouri 7th District Representative August 5 primary.  The winner that day will be State Rep. as no Democrat has signed up.  

I graduated from Morning Sun Iowa High School and received I a scholarship to play football at Iowa State University under coach Johnny Majors.  I was honored to play in the Sun Bowl.    After receiving a ISU farm operations degree, in 1973 I bought a farm in Galt, Mo. and married a local gal, Becky Trump, on Nov. 30, 1974. Our daughter Julie was born in 1977. A MU graduate, Julie, is the Lab Manager at WMH in Trenton and is married to Bryan Johnson, a farmer who also leads hunting trips.  Our grandchildren are Ashley and Caleb.  

Becky and I raised pigs for the first twenty years and we were involved in local and state Pork Producers and Farm Bureau. In 1983 I started with cattle and rotational grazing, giving tours of the farm and speaking on the subject.  I have been on the local school board for 22 years.   Becky and I have been active on the Republican Central Committee helping elect pro-life candidates, and standing strong for the conservative values that I believe best represent the good people of the 7th District.   I am a fiscal and social conservative.  I believe that the government should be operated with fiscal constraint, and the  parameters of a budget.  I am active in the First Assembly of God Church.   I have counted it a privilege to teach 8-10 year olds in Sunday School (Royal Rangers),  and been a member of the choir.

I am compelled to run because of bloated Federal government. $18 trillion debt –can’t print enough money, borrowing and enslaving our grandchildren.  I support Article 5 of the Constitution-- that calls for a Convention of the States to pass a balanced budget amendment and term limits for Congress and Senate.  I oppose government overreach into our farms, businesses, schools and families –EPA and ED DEPT.  I am a man of conviction, standing on Godly principles—same as our founding fathers.  I am for local control, property rights, the right to bear arms, and the right to life.  I was in the National Guard for 6 years, blessed that I didn’t have to serve overseas, but now I accept the responsibility to stand and serve my country.  

To my 7th Dist. Patrons, know that I will work hard in this election cycle for your vote.  I am willing to leave my green grass and cows for the muck and mire of Jefferson City filled with polished politicians, lobbyists and PAC money.  I will take my boots!!!

I have been blessed with a good life.  I seek to protect that vision for the future of my grandchildren and their children.  I feel I am called to serve.  I would be honored to earn your vote.  

Please feel free to contact me any time.  You can email me at: gracres@grm.net

Any help you can offer is appreciated.  Whether it is stuffing
envelopes, making phone calls, walking in parades, going 
door to door, offering up a prayer here and there, or a cash
donation we are so thankful for.

Monetary donations can be sent and this letter is paid for by:

Committee to Elect Dennis McDonald
Diana Schrader, Treasurer
26425 Image Rd.
Brookfield, Mo. 64628

I look forward to working together to win this election. 

Sincerely, 

Dennis McDonald

Total Pageviews